An end to a childhood friend
Well, this week is the end to all things Harry Potter. I grew up on the book and movies since my childhood. I guess you could say it is this series that will define my generation in storytelling. I believe, this book is one of the reasons that kept most of my generation to continue to read as personal computers and video games began to take over our time.
The final movie, of the final book is about to be released...and to some people, this marks the end of their childhood imagination.
The Harry Potter series opened up the eyes and imaginations of people around the world. So yes, it is sad. It is basically the final closing of my childhood. I am now an adult, trying to understand and get through this sojourn journey that we like to call life.
I also remember the movies as well. I remember seeing the first movie with my scout group in Utah.
Now, I'm about to see it with my college friends. Twelve years have come and gone...what an exciting twelve years it has been.




Some good memories with Harry Potter! I remember reading the books even when I was an adult (and in college). :-) The best part about this is the fact that we can always stay young at heart AND we can have confidence that creative people can come up with another magical world that will capture our imaginations.
ReplyDelete