Luge
I am somewhat appalled by many of the major network stations for their recent showing of the footage of the Georgian luger slamming against a metal pole. It was a disgusting thing to show to TV audiences. It showed no civility at all. As a journalistic network, I know the saying "If it bleeds, it leads" is somewhat mocked, but in essence, is usually done. A lot of time networks show grotesque images of mangled bodies, decapitated humans etc. They call that news. Yes, it is important that people know what is going on, but their comes a point were you must draw a line. Many of the TV networks decided to cross that line when they decided to show the luger from Georgia being tossed around like a rag doll to his death. I am guessing there was a loud outcry against this, as the very next day, many of the network stations (specifically NBC) decided to stop showing the footage. A good call, but a little too late.
Stephen
Stephen


Comments
Post a Comment